IRVING 7TH & 8TH GRADE INTRAMURALS
Student Athlete Expectations for intramural sports:
1. Practices will run from 3:10- 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. No Practice on Tuesdays. If practice times change, coaches will let your student know far enough in advance to avoid any conflicts.
2. Only the Irving student-athletes may attend practices. Practice is not a spectator activity for family or friends.
3. Student-athletes will be expected to come to practice and participate in the activities each day in order to be eligible for games.
4. All student-athletes will be required to dress out for practices.
5. School is a priority! If a student-athlete needs to stay after school for any reason they will need to bring their coach(es) a signed note/pass from a teacher or staff member. Intramurals is not an excuse to miss staying after school for a teacher.
6. If a student is failing a class or having behavior issues, they will not be allowed to participate until the issue has been resolved. If a student gets three time-outs in a week; or if they get an in/out of school suspension they cannot play in the competition that week. Five Timeouts is reason for dismissal from the team.
7. If your student misses a practice or knows they will be missing a practice, please send them with a signed note. Otherwise the absence will be counted as an unexcused absence. Most coach’s policies are that three unexcused absences result in an athlete being dismissed from the team.
8. Any student-athlete tardy to practice because of a choice to go to the Rec. Center or to the park after school will simply be asked to leave for that days practice and it will be counted as an unexcused absence. They can return for the next day practice.
9. Due to many locker room issues in the past, the coaching staff will periodically walk through the locker rooms.. If an athlete chooses not to lock up their possessions and something is stolen, the school is not responsible.
10. Irving athletes must have a positive attitude toward coaches, and also have a positive sense of teamwork and sportsmanship. Remember that we are representing Irving Middle School (students, staff, and parents).
11. Irving will be competing against other middle schools in the city. All competitions will be played on Saturday mornings starting at 8:30 a.m. Athletes should be there in enough time to warm up for their game. Transportation will not be provided for the competitors. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Activities Director, Andrew Hammack (email@example.com) or call Irving Middle School, 402-436-1214.