Important Information/Dates for families:
- Calling all steppers! LSE Step Chain is hosting a pre-tryout workshop from 4/1-4/4, 4-6pm, in LSE’s Commons. Those interested in trying out for the 2019-2020 team are invited to work with this year’s team to develop skills before tryouts begin. Tryouts are from 4/8-4/12, 3:30-5pm OR 6-7:30. Students are encouraged to pick the time slot that best fits their busy schedules. Experience is not required to attend the workshop or tryout! Registration form for the clinic can be found HERE.
Wondering how a 529 plan can help you and your student save for college? Click HERE to read more about that.
- See how our school resource officer helps students learn in science class. Click HERE to read the article.
- Irving Food Market: a once-per-month mobile distribution where the Food Bank of Lincoln will bring shelf stable food, fresh produce, bread and bakery items to Irving and set up for families to select what is needed. All families are welcome, no need to register beforehand. The food market will be available: April 1, and May 6.
- Parent Forum for Gifted Parents Monthly Speaker information can be found HERE.
- Need some Irving apparel? Check out the great Irving gear to show your school spirit HERE.
- 8th graders, if you missed the First Steps to High School Information Night, the link to the video can be found HERE
From the Principal:
Welcome to the Irving Middle School website. It is my privilege to serve the Irving Middle School community as principal. Here at Irving, it is our mission to develop personal responsibility, ethical behaviors, cultural awareness, life-long learning and academic excellence within our students. Our mission is accomplished through the tireless work of talented educators I am proud to work alongside.
At Irving, our staff work collaboratively on interdisciplinary teams to ensure the highest quality education is provided to every student. It is our steadfast belief that all students can learn and achieve to their full potential. Additionally, Irving students are provided with community outreach opportunities to develop cultural awareness and leadership qualities within each child.
No child’s education is fully realized without a successful partnership between school and home. I invite you to use this site as a communication tool to stay involved with your child’s experience at Irving.
I look forward to partnering with you through the school year.