Important Information/Dates for families:
Are you interested in joining the Lincoln Southeast dance team and becoming an LSE Shirette? Do you want to show Knight Pride and school spirit among a great group of individuals while building lasting relationships and so much more? If so, there is a mandatory parent meeting Tuesday, February 26th at 6pm in the LSE Media Center to learn more. Tryouts are March 25th through 29th and are open to incoming freshman for the 2019-2020 school year. More info. and dates can be found HERE.
- See how our school resource officer helps students learn in science class. Click HERE to read the article.
- 7th grade Musical: Beauty and the Beast will be performed on Tuesday Feb. 26th and Thurs. Feb. 28th at 7:00pm both evenings
- Irving Food Market: a once-per-month mobile distribution where the Food Bank of Lincoln will bring shelf stable food, fresh produce, bread and bakery items to Irving and set up for families to select what is needed. All families are welcome, no need to register beforehand. The food market will be available: March 4, April 1, and May 6.
- The library is also trying to get a Button Maker for the library maker-spaces. You can help us fund this project by going HERE
- Parent Forum for Gifted Parents Monthly Speaker information can be found HERE.
- Need some Irving apparel? Check out the great Irving gear to show your school spirit HERE.
- 8th graders, if you missed the First Steps to High School Information Night, the link to the video can be found HERE
From the Principal:
Welcome to the Irving Middle School website. It is my privilege to serve the Irving Middle School community as principal. Here at Irving, it is our mission to develop personal responsibility, ethical behaviors, cultural awareness, life-long learning and academic excellence within our students. Our mission is accomplished through the tireless work of talented educators I am proud to work alongside.
At Irving, our staff work collaboratively on interdisciplinary teams to ensure the highest quality education is provided to every student. It is our steadfast belief that all students can learn and achieve to their full potential. Additionally, Irving students are provided with community outreach opportunities to develop cultural awareness and leadership qualities within each child.
No child’s education is fully realized without a successful partnership between school and home. I invite you to use this site as a communication tool to stay involved with your child’s experience at Irving.
I look forward to partnering with you through the school year.